Tuesday, January 04, 2011

The Passing Of A 4-Legged Companion Can Be Like A Knife To The Heart

As I started to type this story- my 12-year-old cat Snoball sat next to my chair for her obligatory brushing.


Her brush is an old toothbrush that I started using when she came to us as a feral cat just after the Christmas of 1998.


As I brush her rich- soft white fur- I pondered the heart-rendering story I'd just read in The GRAND ISLAND (NE) INDEPENDENT written by Jarrod Spilger on the passing of his beloved friend and companion- his dog Trigger.

Snoball probably had no idea why I just picked her up and gave her a loving hug.

_________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...