- Around 1:36 a.m- a shooting was reported in the 1500 block of West 12th street in Kansas City MO's West Bottoms.
There- police found a male who had been shot by who he reported as "3-4 Hispanic males in a gold-colored Ford Explorer with a Kansas license."
The suspects were reportedly "armed with an assault rifle and a shotgun."
Police say the victim "wasn't going to prosecute" the perps- and the victim had serious to critical injuries as he was transported to a hospital...
- Another KC-MO shooting at 12:37 a.m. found a man shot in the back and in serious condition.
This one occurred at Linwood Boulevard and Cleveland- but no suspect information was available
- Around that time- KC-MO Fire-EMS was dispatched to a medical call in the 3100 block of East 49th Street.
Police called at 12:52 a.m. to the address on the request of the EMS crew found a female in her 50's with "a hole in the back of her head" along with other injuries.
The ambulance rushed the critically-injured woman to a hospital- where police later report arresting a possible "male" suspect who had "gone to the hospital to check on the victim's condition" police said.
- A crash with suspicious circumstances occurred about 4:44 a.m. at Bannister and Fremont in south KC-MO..
Emergency crews arrived to find "a black- full-sized pickup truck" with "heavy damage" and the female driver "unresponsive."
Police had believed the wreck involved a 2nd hit & run vehicle- and were looking for "a light-skinned black male" seen walking in the area.
The word "rape" was also mentioned in regard to this incident.
The female driver"around 30-years-of-age" but "with no visible injuries" never regained consciousness as she was being taken to an area hospital in serious to critical condition.
- A 4:04 a.m. "traumatic injury" call to a nightclub in the 7400 block of East U.S. 40 highway and a 3:54 a.m. call to a "motorcycle" crash on eastbound I-70 near Sterling Avenue was reportedly related...
Emergency crews arriving at the I-70 wreck scene reported finding "a motorcycle down in the middle of the" freeway- but no one around.
It turns out the motorcycle's driver had somehow made it to the U.S. 40 address- where the ambulance crew was treating a male who had "a broken ankle" and other non life-threatening injuries.
He was taken to a hospital with curious police investigators not far behind...
- Around 1:53 a.m.- five companies of the KC-MO Fire department responded to the East Bottoms- a reported "house fire" on Rochester and North Garland.
Arriving- the fire crew reported heavy fire coming from a vacant house that was spreading to other structures and requested additional help.
Dispatching a "1st-alarm-" five more fire companies would arrive to help quell the flames that ended up devouring a row of vacant structures on the north side of Rochester just west of North Garland.
That fire was reported "out" by 2:35 a.m.- and no one got hurt.
The cause of the fire was "suspicious-" probable arson.
- Fire did fairly minor damage to an Oak Grove MO house around sunrise...
Sni Valley firefighters were called to the 1400 block of Southeast 16th Place at 5:23 a.m. and when the first crew arrived at 5:29 a.m.- they had "smoke showing" from the "single-story" structure.
Although a "mutual-aid" fire company from Central Jackson County's department was sent at 5:31 a.m.- Sni Valley crews reported the fire "under control" three minutes later.
No one was injured.
- Around 5:10 a.m.- Kansas City KS police and a Kansas Highway patrolman chase a vehicle east of I-70 from the western portions of Wyandotte county.
Only "traffic charges" are pending on the chased vehicle's driver.
Speeds of the chase varied between "100" and "120" mph as the suspect vehicle managed to "swerve" and miss at least one set of road spikes that other officers threw across the highway.
Police "terminated" the chase around eastbound I-70 and I-635 at 5:16 a.m.- with the suspect vehicle last seen around "7th Street" still eastbound several minutes later