* BOISE-ID - Senator Larry Craig resigned his Senate seat after his sex charge at the Minneapolis airport in June. Craig was last seen in a rowboat- floating down denial.
* BAGHDAD-IRAQ - You might hear the liars tell you that things in Iraq aren't going that bad or that this folly is even - ahem- winnable.
August was the 2nd-deadliest month of the entire 4-year-plus fiasco- with around 1800 Iraqis dead.
Ah okay- I see- it could have been the WORST month- but it wasn't. Spin on....
* KABUL-AFGHANISTAN - While "scores of Afghan insurgents are killed" according to this report- no mention of the scores of youth ready to take the dead insurgents' places.
* OAKLAND-CA - Oakland Catholics will soon be moving into their new $190-million digs - while certain agnostics wonder how many people $190-million might have fed- clothed and housed "in the name of God."
* DURHAM-NC - The former prosecutor who tried to railroad the Duke lacrosse players on bogus rape charges- Mike Nifong- will himself get the opportunity to become some inmate's girlfriend in jail.
* KANSAS CITY-MO - Sports fans are shocked that at the beginning of the last month of the baseball season that the K.C. Royals are NOT in last place. That dishonor goes to the Chicago White Sox.