Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Oh- Thank You Great Spirit For A Lovely Eclipse

As I post this- the eclipse of the moon is virtually full- it looks like a semi-stationary balloon that's inner lit with dull orange on top with a sliver of brightness from bottom of the Moon's 5 to about 9 o'clock position. Even the newspaper carrier stopped to watch it for a few minutes.

As an added treat- about 5 minutes before totality- a meteorite shot through my left field of view as I watched the fading Moon through binoculars.

Until the moon reached 3/4-eclipse- I only went out every 5-10 minutes or so to watch it for a few. One thing that was starkly noticable was the appearance of more and more stars as the Moon was less and less full.

One of the wonders of the Universe- and this really made my day (since my day is night anyway g) .
_______________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...