The fire alarm was reportedly called in by a neighbor at 8:28 p.m. Tuesday night- and when Pumper 4 arrived at 8:32 p.m.- they reported "smoke showing from a 1-1/2-story (lived-in)" house.
At 8:41 p.m.- the fire chief on the scene reports that the line from the natural gas service line from the meter "had been sheared off" by an unknown means- and this was creating additional fuel and hazard fighting the fire.
The Southern Platte Fire Protection District also had an engine and chief on-scene as part of the automatic mutual-aid with that department.
So far- no injuries have been reported- and no one has been found inside the burned house.
The fire's under control at 8:56 p.m..