Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2010

Central States News: Missouri Woman Loses Her "Life-Saving" Cat in Fire

Some are dog people- some are cat people... regardless- no one wants to lose their beloved pet.


A Shelbina MO family is mourning the loss of their cat Simon this Christmas week- after a fire seriously damaged their home Thursday- reports The HANNIBAL (MO) COURIER-POST.

Simon had reportedly been a life-saver to the home's owner Patsy Heathman when 3 years ago Ms. Heathman began having heart problems and Simon kept Heathman alert and conscious.

Simon had been obtained about 6 years ago from the Northeast Missouri Humane Society in Hannibal.

Neither Ms. Heathman nor her adult daughter and son who lived in the home were hurt in the fire which destroyed the family's possessions.

If you want to help Ms. Heathman "by donating clothing or other items for the family, they may contact her daughter- (Shaunna) Adkisson-Collins, at (573) 406-9691-" states the HC-P story.
_________

No comments: