Friday, September 12, 2008

Texas Authorities Urge Residents To Stay- NOT



That's the word- don't evacuate from the Houston Metro- stay and get pummeled with 100+ MPH winds for hours.


I can't say this is a wise choice- I'd probably prefer going somewhere where I'd not have to worry if the roof and/or walls might fly in- or a place where I'd be assured flood waters/storm surge aren't going to drown me.

But Texas elected and non-elected officials say "hunker-down" rather that evacuate.
Well- I don't leave my safety- protection nor life in government hands. Been that- done there- and have almost gotten myself (fill in the blank).

If I lived in Houston- you'd find me in Austin- or Dallas- or Lubbock today. I saw what government wisdom did in New Orleans after Katrina.

Those officials can "hunker-down" in their well/taxpayer-built super-bunkers.

I'd be several hundred miles inland- watching the TV reporters- not my family- being blown away.
_________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...