Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike- Central States Satellite and Radar Images



The Hurricane Warning continues for the mid to upper Texas and central through western Louisiana coasts. Hurricane Ike's center is approximately 155 miles southeast of Galveston and 270 miles east of Corpus Christi-Texas.

Landfall of the eye of Ike is still expected near Galveston a few hours either side of midnight.

Here in the Central States and in and near Metro Kansas City is a risk of tornadoes as great as that of areas along the Gulf coast in Ike's outer bands (see/click on NWS-SPC image).

Here is a recent radar image- covering Hurricane Ike and the Central States.


__________

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Capt.

IKE look like he's got his Eye right on Baytown/Beaumont/Houston.
(So say a former insurance team what left Katrina country to help Rita's victims in '05).

I have family awaiting deployment to perhaps TX or Louisiana right now for insurance help for victims of GUS and IKE.

So far here 85 miles North of Biloxi? 15-20mph gusts and rain in fits and starts....nothing closing a patio umbrella won't fix.
Yeah; I did set out my rain-bucket AND a smaller cannister. Rain bucket's for my roses, cannister's to measure whatever water-weight IKE would potentially lose over my head. The people of the TX coast are in my prayers, no kiddin'-no joke.

Tea
(Katrina survivor)
PS: 9/13 is my Grandmom's b-day. Frederic hit in 1979 on 9/13. I remember my Dad's Mom sweeping her floor by coleman lantern. We didn't get lights back for a week. Fred was a cat 2. IKE is a cat 2. Tomorrow my Grandmom would have been 84....we buried her about 3 months ago. Gotta LOVE that.

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...