Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

MetroRegion News UPDATE: Girls Burned in Springfield MO House Fire in Shriners Hospital

The 2 sisters who were saved from a burning house by a Springfield paramedic and firefighters last Saturday morning have been flown to the Shriners Hospital in Cincinnati OH- states this story in The SPRINGFIELD (MO NEWS-LEADER.


The girls- 8-year-old Aleena and her 5-year-old sister Alexia Havens suffered burns over about 50-percent of their bodies- as well as smoke inhalation.


The blaze erupted in their grandmother's house where the girls were staying while their father- David Havens- was at work in a Springfield nursing home.


The fire began in clothes on top of a short-circuited "light-duty" electrical extention cord that had a space heater plugged into it.
____________

No comments: