Wednesday, November 11, 2009

News Stories From Last Weekend You DIDN'T See On Local News Media



T
wo teens suffered serious to critical- criminally-inflicted traumatic injuries last weekend and to my knowledge- none of the 4 TV news stations- The STAR or KANSAN covered them.





Also- if you find CSW's coverage of overnight weekend news helpful and/or informative as well as our coverage of breaking news at other times- please leave a comment indicating that below.


We're thinking of curtailing local breaking news coverage on this blog unless the people demand it.
__________

3 comments:

Mark C. said...

I was very happy when I found your site. It is the closest thing to real late-breaking news for this area. I check in frequently throughout the day for local and world news updates. Would hate to see it go away. Thanks for being here!

Mark C. said...

BTW, I am a former KC cop of 10 years. It is no surprise to me that many shootings, robberies, assaults, etc. go unreported on the mainstream news. I worked THOUSANDS of calls in the east and north divisions that were never considered news-worthy by mainstream news. Worse yet, news stations will suddenly report on seemingly a string of crimes, making listeners fear that all hell is breaking loose. In reality, it's been breaking loose all along - it just hasn't been reported. Keep up the good work!

Groucho K. Marx said...

Dang Mark!

Thanx for all the kind words- Hell- your comments ALONE would make what I do worthwhile.

For you sir and all others- it now appears my corporate "sponsor" for this blog- KSHB-41- WILL continue with me through the end of December- so this blog will continue FULL STEAM at LEAST through January 1.

After that- I'll be shopping around to the OTHER 3 news shops in town.

But I agree with what you stated gets covered or not in this burg Mark.

I appreciate your reading as well- please feel free to lemme know if YOU have any "news" that I can pass on.


Sincerely-
Groucho

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...