Didn't find anything breaking-wise to post today- daily reviews of Central States and MetroRegion newspaper Web sites didn't reveal much of interest.
Listening to an Internet scanner feed of the big wildfires northwest of Denver CO and a few comments on some stuff I DID see/hear today...
- Tropical Storm Hermine came inland near Brownsville TX early this morning- now the remnant low pressure area is in the Hill Country west of Austin.
Hermine is laying down a wet carpet from the Gulf northward into Oklahoma today- all that will move slowly northward over the next 24-36 hours and be in Metro and MetroRegion kansas City by Thursday- bringing us some needed but possibly excessive rainfalls.
- Lew Perkins finally left K.U. today and I was hoping the door didn't whack his arse on the way out of the building.
- KC-MO Clowncilperson Cathy 'Um' Jolly announced today she won't be seeking re-election to anything when her term expires in April 2011- the same door-thing for her too.
- A time-transplant from the Old West would feel right at home in Metro Kansas City with all the murderin' goin on.
- There's a clown dressed in a God gown who wants to burn copies of the Quran- the Muslims' Holy book.
This Fred Phelps wanna-be- Pastor Terry Jones with the Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville FL needs a long sermon on Loving Thy Neighbor- Turning Cheeks- etc.. This also goes for those who would prohibit that so-called mosque in lower Manhattan New York. Direct some of that outrage to something constructive- use your collective imaginations if there's any left.
- Heh- calling the NEW Paseo bridge the Bond bridge. That'll go over like that re-naming of the Grandview Triangle.
This is Harry Truman Town- we don't name ANYTHING significant for career-polly Republicrats.
- Speaking of the Republicrats/Tea Partiers- the TeeVee talking heads say the Bricks will knock-out the Bracks in the November election.
Oh really? Wasn't it THEM that got us to where we're at economically in the first place?