However- if some recently-elected (Republicrat) Kansas lawmakers could have their way- the State would resemble more 19th Century thinking without the benefit of a stern but kindly Marshal Matt Dillion- according to this story in The LAWRENCE (KS) JOURNAL-WORLD.
Among some of the proposed changes said to be in some document that was passed around the leaky Kansas statehouse are:
"• Kansas should change its judicial selection process to require legislative confirmation of judges or adopting election of judges statewide.
• Oppose using public revenues for abortion and funding organizations that advocate abortion rights.
• All state documents should be made only in English.
• E-Verify should be required by employers to check on the citizenship status of workers.
• Repeal the law granting in-state tuition to the children of illegal immigrants.
• Passage of Arizona-type immigration law.
• Adoption of law aimed at blocking federal health reform in Kansas.
• Repeal law setting up state-owned casinos..."
Maybe that leaky Statehouse roof will collapse on these birds and save us all.