Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

CSW BREAKING: Reported "Bug-Bomb" Starts Fire That Damages Grandview MO Home

At 11:57 a.m.- Grandview firefighters got the call of a house fire in the 6200 block of East 139th Street.


It was reportedly a "fire in the basement- possibly caused by a bug-bomb" and there was smoke showing from the 1-story structure with the occupants outside when the first fire crew arrived at 12:01 p.m..

The fire is reported out at 12:10 p.m.- but caused smoke damage throughout the residence.

Reports are that "kids" were at home at the time- with the parents summonded from their place of emploment in Belton.


No injuries resulted and fire and building inspectors were ordered to the scene.
__________

1 comment:

the observer said...

People should know that the insect foggers are flammable and to make sure that pilot lights are out and the furnace won't ignite until the mist is dissipated.

Thankfully it appears the only harm here was the smoke.