Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

CSW BREAKING: Classroom Hall on the University of Kansas Campus Evacuated Due To Ammonia Leak

Malott Hall on the K.U. campus was evacuated Friday afternoon after a leak of a chemical substance occurred there.

The original call came in as a "pull station" or manual fire alarm turned in to the fire department around 2:05 p.m..

Arriving companies then reported the leak of small containers of "ammonium hydroxide."

Additional fire crews- along with Lawrence and Douglas County 'Haz-Mat' crews were dispatched at 2:15 p.m. when a complete evacuation of students and faculity from Malott Hall- near 'Wescoe Beach-' was under way.

The leaking containers were removed from the building and fire and Haz-Mat crews undertook a "decontamination" of the areas affected.

At least one person was treated for a "minor injury" related to this incident- according to a LFD source.


More breaking news - a 2nd-alarm fire in a KC-KS  apartment complex ... NEXT....
___________

No comments: