Monday, October 15, 2007

RUMOURS

Nope- this isn't about Fleetwood Mac but rather I'm addressing the stuff stupidity is made of.

I guess all it takes to start a rumor (American spelling) is to be a well-placed- disgruntled blogger- whether the rumor is literally worth a grain of salt or not.

The stupidity is wasting the time/newsprint to report this "rumor." Even the columnist Sunday reported the rumor- then reported that no one appears to be behind it.

The Letters to The STAR section runs about 5 to 1 in support of Mayor Funkhouser in this much-ado-about-nothing flap regarding Frances Semler.

The Semler thing is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned and I too am critical of the latest downtown TIF on the Boley building- but that's hardly grounds to recall The Funk. Anyway- I give the man a year in office (like I did Dubya) before I start criticizing him.

Let alone make recall noises.
_________________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...