Monday, January 11, 2010

K.C. STAR: MoDOT Says Work On I-70-I-435 Interchange To Begin Later This Month



I
n a story today on the KANSAS CITY STAR Web site- the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) announces that work to re-construct the PITA I-70/I-435 interchange near the Truman Sports Complex will begin later this month



Starting a major freeway reconstruction during the WINTER is a smart move (NOT!)..


Here's another bulletin: The Clarkson Construction Company- the ONLY bidder on this project- is also going to replace the Blue Ridge Cutoff ("George Brett") bridge over I-70 and- according to the STAR's story- "Work will not be done during the baseball season.


Let's see- the baseball season runs from April to October- about the same time as the construction season.


Smart....

__________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...