Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Willie Nelson- George Strait and Dixie Chicks Headline Texas Wildfire Relief Concert

Say what you will about the Great State of Texas and it's people- but they know how to take care of their own.


More than one-half million dollars was raised by some very fine musicians that included those in the headline as well as Lyle Lovett and Austin's Asleep At The Wheel Monday night at that city's Frank Irwin Center.

It was a concert to benefit those who lost their homes and possessions in the devastating wildfires in and around Austin last month.


You can say what you will about 'my-man' Willie Nelson too- but be careful saying it around me 'cause Willie could come to my door asking me a favor and I'd drop WHATEVER I'm doing to help that great American.


God Bless all those musicians who pitched-in for their fellow citizens!

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...