Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

CSW BREAKING: Injury Fire in KC-MO- Gas Line Break in Lawrence KS



A
resident suffered non life-threatening burns after their mattress caught fire inside a mobile home in the 7100 block of East 28th Terrace early Tuesday afternoon.


The fire alarm was sounded at 12:21 p.m. to the address in the "Heart Mobile Home" park- and arriving fire crews found the smoldering mattress outside the trailer.

One of the residents- a "48-year-old male-" suffered minor burns to his hands- wrists and face from the fire and the mattress removal- according to a MAST-EMS paramedic and he was transported "non-emergency" to a Metro medical trauma center.

A KC-MO fire investigator is checking the circumstances of the incident.

---

In Lawrence- fire crews on the scene of a natural gas line break in the 1000 block of New York Avenue report at 12:41 p.m. that "the leak has been stopped."

Four fire companies- as well as LPD units were called there at 12:22 p.m. and were forced to evacuate at least some residences on the "east side" of New York until the leak was stopped and the gas dispersed.

Fire crews also stood by with charged fire lines- as well as monitoring the gas levels at an elementary school just north of the break.

There were no evacuations of the school- and the area is slowly returning to normal.
_________

No comments: