Monday, September 22, 2008

Severely-Injured Polo-MO Child Needs America's Help



Last Tuesday evening- the following image shows a "breaking news" story that was posted here...

I never heard further about the child's accident or the real extent of his injuries. Ms. Rittenhouse and I had wondered.

This morning- I received the following response to that news story:


"On Tuesday afternoon a three year old boy, named Colten, was severely injured in a lawn mowing accident in Polo, Missouri.

He lost one of his legs in the accident, and the other had to be amputated. Extensive injuries to his back side has left him without a rectum.


He lies in a drug induced coma at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City.

Keep this child and his family in your prayers over the next several months. He is at a very high risk for developing infection because of how the injury occurred.

As for the second part of this request I was not sure of how to even begin to word it.

This family has no health insurance coverage. The need for help will reach far beyond his medical bills. This is a young family who's father is self employed.

A account has been set up in his name ( Colten Newman), at Bank Northwest in Polo, 305 Main St. Polo, Missouri 64671 Telephone #660-354-2111.

In closing, we all receive and send emails to each other, often with a long pre-forwarding list of people we don't know. Words of encouragement that might have been the right message for someone. But, sometimes it takes more than just hitting the forward button. If what I could imagine for this family, it would be, that everyone that receives this email, would place one dollar in an envelope and mail it to the address above.

This is not a scam, that is why I included the address and phone number of the bank. Trust the person that has sent this email to you, and act on faith. May God bless all who reads this."

Though the message was posted anonymously- I verified the information via the telephone number that the poster provided.

Unfortunately- it's all true.

I'm going to send some money to this child's family. The medical costs will be tremendous.

Please help them too if you can.

Colten Newman-in care of Bank Northwest- 305 Main St.
Polo, Missouri 64671 Telephone: 660-354-2111.


___________

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I received an email this morning from our prayer chain that Colten did not make it. He is in the loving arms of our Lord. Please continue to lift his family up in prayer.

Anonymous said...

I received news at 10:15 this morning from Colten's grandmother Brenda that he is still living and was going into surgery for a routine bandage change.

Anonymous said...

The email I received from prayer chain was at 10:05 this morning. I know the lady in charge of prayer chain is very close to this family. I pray he is still alive and we all will continue to pray for him and his family.

Anonymous said...

More news just received...Colten is indeed still living and doing relatively well, all things considered. The Richmond community is lifting this family up in prayer and I'm sure many other communities and organizations are doing the same. It's times like these that people look past certain things and pull together to help each other get through life.

Groucho K. Marx said...

Could somebody have a member of Colten's family contact me?

Emails fine: doctor-Mulcahy@yahoo.com

Thanx.

-Groucho

Anonymous said...

http://www.kmbc.com/news/17552049/detail.html

News article on KMBC 9 news website. I hope the link works!

Anonymous said...

I am Colton's mother and have been trying to get Capt. Spaulding to respond to my emails to give everyone the current and CORRECT information about my son but he is apparently too busy to find out the truth and confirm his information with the family - which is me - not the sender of the email he has posted about Colton and his condition. I have been with Colton at the hospital every day for the last 17 days. I am pretty sure I know the situation better than some random eamil sender! Sure would like to have my email responded to in order to clear things up!

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...