Thursday, July 28, 2011

KMBC-9's Annoying Weather-Noise

While Dad is bedridden- he watches a LOT of TV... especially local newscasts that I don't watch.

So as I do the news and weather thing in my space- I have an audio monitor next to Dad so we can hear him around the house.

One thing that comes across the monitor is some loud- annoying musical notes during Channel 9's weather segments.

So annoying it is- that I'll turn the monitor down or completely OFF when Pa's watching KMBC's newscasts.


Somebody PLEASE clue me in on what purpose those irritating musical notes that Channel 9 assaults their viewers with serves...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Bryan Busby is a friend of a good friend of mine and when I said something to him about their so called music he said corp said they have to play it and that many many many people like the little grate my damn nerves tunes.

So Capt guess you and me only ones who hate them.

Groucho K. Marx said...

Thanx for the check SD...

I had assumed the noise was consultant-driven.

TV stations pay all these so-called "experts" to improve their news product instead of going to the general or viewing public themselves.

And look at the TV news ratings after this 30-years or so of 'consultant-driven' local news.

Ratings DROP year- after year- after year- after year....

IF those TV stations paid people like moi to GATHER their product (news) INSTEAD of consultants- they MIGHT see more viewers like I've seen a huge increase in readers here at CSW...

But then again- that MIGHT make more sense.

The Observer said...

I noticed that when I watch on line--even on the cell phone--that there is a little chime when the 7 day forecast comes up. I wonder if it is for that--to make you look at the forecast.

Groucho K. Marx said...

That's the noise T.O..

If they have to resort to such things to get viewers to LOOK- maybe TV ought to rename itself radio.

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...