Search This Blog

Saturday, June 04, 2011

CSW BREAKING: Fire Damages The Sam's Club Store in Grandview MO

A fire occurred early Saturday morning at the Sam's Club discount warehouse store in Grandview at 12420 South U.S. 71 highway.

One of the GFD stations- No. 2- is only several hundred feet southwest of the business.


The alarm was sounded at 12:48 a.m. for all 3 of Grandview's fire stations and when a GPD officer arrived there 3 minutes later- he reported fire coming "through the roof" of the large building.

Six companies of the KC-MO Fire department also responded beginning at 12:54 a.m..

The fire was reportedly electrical in nature- with the seat of the fire apparently above the sprinklers in the ceiling of the northeast part of the building near the tire and camera departments of the Sam's Club.

While the damage from the fire itself didn't appear to be major- smoke spread throughout the store and there was at least some water damage as well. 

The incident was under control as of 1:45 a.m. with no reported injuries.  
____________



The Jackson County Health Department was requested as there is a grocery/food section in the south and southwest portion of the building that was affected by smoke- and it was unknown if the business would be open at it's regular time later this Saturday morning.

No comments: