Saturday, May 28, 2011

CSW BREAKING: Pedestrian Critically-Injured by Hit and Run Driver in Independence MO


A 25-year-old male suffered critical injuries after being struck on U.S. 24 highway near Sterling early Saturday morning.


The incident occurred about 1:13 a.m.- reportedly "in front of the Sticks and Stones bar" in that area.

That bar is listed as being at 11404 East U.S. 24 in Sugar Creek.


Witnesses told emergency crews that a "red- 4-door car driven by a white male and going 50 to 60 m.p.h." struck the man while he was "in the middle" of the roadway.

The driver and the red car left the scene.


The victim was found lying in the middle of U.S. 24- according to an AMR-EMS paramedic- and rushed to Centerpoint Medical Center with head and other injuries.

__________

3 comments:

Sue said...

I have not been able to stop thinking about this man. I came up when someone yelled for anyone who knew CPR. He did not need it. He needed so much more medical attention than what could be done in the middle of that street. I have an overwhelming desire to know what his outcome is and I keep all those involved in my prayers.

Groucho K. Marx said...

Bless you for at least being ready to help Sue.

I sent a KSHB photog to the scene not 10 minutes after this happened- but have yet to see ANY mention of it either on the morning newscasts or their Website.

For what it's worth- hearing the med report from AMR to Centerpoint- it did not sound like the man's condition was immediately life-threatening- but I've had people die later being in similar conditions as this patient was.

If and/or as soon as I hear any update- I'll post it here.

Again- bless you for trying to help Sue!

Sue said...

I have just heard word that this man passed away last night. I only got his first name and suppose I will look to find it in the obituaries. Thank you Marx

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...