Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

MetroRegion K.C. News: Man Who Helps Cop Gets Arrested

A man who helped a Livingston county MO deputy get unstuck in snow turned out to be the very man the officer was seeking on an outstanding arrest warrant.


The ST. JOSEPH (MO) NEWS-PRESS says that in a press release issued by Livingston County Sheriff Steve Cox- a deputy had gone to Wheeling MO last Friday to serve a warrant and got stuck in snow.

A male pedestrian helped the deputy get his patrol car out of the snow- then the deputy found out that "Good Samaritan" was the very man- reported as 30-year-old Michael Slaughter- he had come to arrest.


Mr. Slaughter's charge was passing bad checks and MAYBE the judge will take into account Slaughter's helpful act.
___________

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a officer myself, I think I would have told him to take care of the warrant and thanked him for helping me out.

Groucho K. Marx said...

Wow!

I wish you had been the officer-in-charge of a fatality, head-on crash I was once first on-scene of- where I gave first aid to the victims- helped mitigate fire hazards before the FD arrived- assisted in patient extrication and landing of the medical helicopter AFTER the FD arrived- then- after the patients were gone- was threatened with arrest when I tried to photograph the scene from priavte property (my brother's front yard!).

(True story- Sept. 1990 at 73rd St. & Blue Ridge in Raytown MO)


Be careful out there! ;)
"Groucho"

the observer said...

LOL!

I agree with anon--a little officer desecration please.

The Observer