Thursday, January 27, 2011

MetroRegion K.C. News: Man Who Helps Cop Gets Arrested

A man who helped a Livingston county MO deputy get unstuck in snow turned out to be the very man the officer was seeking on an outstanding arrest warrant.


The ST. JOSEPH (MO) NEWS-PRESS says that in a press release issued by Livingston County Sheriff Steve Cox- a deputy had gone to Wheeling MO last Friday to serve a warrant and got stuck in snow.

A male pedestrian helped the deputy get his patrol car out of the snow- then the deputy found out that "Good Samaritan" was the very man- reported as 30-year-old Michael Slaughter- he had come to arrest.


Mr. Slaughter's charge was passing bad checks and MAYBE the judge will take into account Slaughter's helpful act.
___________

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a officer myself, I think I would have told him to take care of the warrant and thanked him for helping me out.

Groucho K. Marx said...

Wow!

I wish you had been the officer-in-charge of a fatality, head-on crash I was once first on-scene of- where I gave first aid to the victims- helped mitigate fire hazards before the FD arrived- assisted in patient extrication and landing of the medical helicopter AFTER the FD arrived- then- after the patients were gone- was threatened with arrest when I tried to photograph the scene from priavte property (my brother's front yard!).

(True story- Sept. 1990 at 73rd St. & Blue Ridge in Raytown MO)


Be careful out there! ;)
"Groucho"

The Observer said...

LOL!

I agree with anon--a little officer desecration please.

The Observer

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...