Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What About THIS Power and Light District Kidnapping Report SATURDAY Morning?



A
s many of my regular readers know by now- I report Kansas City news and weather on this blog.


I've worked with the K.C. news media since the mid-late 1960's either pro-bono or on a contract basis.

I care more than you can ever know about my hometown and if I seem bitter about anything that goes on in it- it's because I HATE to see this city not becoming one of America's great cities.


All that said- the "mainstream" news media is reporting a kidnapping and rape of a woman who reportedly was in the Power & light entertainment district last Sunday morning.


But- what happened down at P & L last SATURDAY morning???


Here's one of my news posts from that morning:

"To top all this off- at 4:37 am- KC-MO police broadcast a pickup of "a suspect in a kidnapping that occurred in the Power & Light (entertainment district) from 1:45 to 3 o'clock (this (Saturday) morning)."

The all-points-bulletin described "a black male- dark skin- bald- white t-shirt- blue shorts- last seen occupying a 2004 to 2006 black Honda Civic."

Police did not give a description of who was "kidnapped.""

What was this? Was this a 2nd kidnapping in addition to the widely-reported Sunday incident or the same one?

Just what the HELL is going on down there or does this blog have to start scraping together the money to hire a reporter to hunt down the stories I gather but never get reported on?

Hey- that's not a bad idea- if I had the money to SPARE....


_________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...