Thursday, June 12, 2008

Manhattan - Chapman-KS Tornado Info



Only the 1 injury reported in Chapman- but none yet from Manhattan.


The NWS corrected the earlier Manhattan-KS tornado storm report time to 11pm Wednesday.

According to KTKA-49 in Topeka- a roof was torn from a structure at K-State University and at least one business destroyed- as stated in this link to their story. Photos of the scene are of a car dealership in Manhattan.
Photos courtesy of news affiliate KTKA-49.

__________

6 comments:

Anita said...

I found your blog searching for Chapman information. I live in Greensburg, Kansas, and we know what they are going through.

Anonymous said...

Will you post some more pics as you find them. I can't access all the sites from work but the pics and your site I can. Thx.

Bassnote said...

Thanks for the info. I have been following this closely as a weather junkie, but more for the fact that I used to live in Chapman.

Have you seen anything about a map of the damage path? I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Groucho K. Marx said...

I haven't had time to seek a damage map yet bassnote- may be tomorrow with all the NEW weather moving in.

Thanx for posting BTW...

Cheers-
Groucho

Groucho K. Marx said...

Thank you too Anita.

Our hearts STAY with Greensburg also...

Cheers-
Groucho

st9899 said...

I live in Chapman, well, outside the city and all we got was a lot of rain. I was devastated when I found out about the town and that our friends house was destroyed. I keep all of them in my prayers and thank you for the website and information.

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...