Tuesday, June 12, 2007

F-16 Forces Local Landing of "Suspicious Pilot"

I wondered what I was hearing on K.C.I. airport 'approach control' radio last night. Just before 8 pm last night I heard what sounded like an explosion- thunder- or a sonic boom here in southeast KC-MO..

I then fire some radios up- among them the air traffic control channels- and hear some very confusing radio traffic then later- an aerial re-fueling of one of the F-16's (was the "explosion" noise I heard the F-16 busting the sound barrier to get here?).

Anyway- NBC-Action News41- my employer- is reporting an F-16 was called in- apparently from Whiteman Air Force Base at Knob Noster- by tower authorities after a pilot of an unknown evidentally small aircraft was "making strange remarks" and "wouldn't talk to air traffic controllers" for a period of time.

NBC41 is reporting the that suspicious pilot and his plane was "forced down at Clay County (MO) Regional Airport by the F-16."

No more on this- here I had a story happening right under my nose and missed it (grin).
______________________________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...