Friday, November 04, 2011

KCTV-5's New Chief Meteorologist: Chris Suchan

Well- Channel 5's Katie Horner is out as chief meteorologist and a guy from Tampa FL- Chris Suchan- takes her place.


Once again- KCTV's Gary Amble is passed over for the chief spot.


It will be interesting to see how KC-area weather wonks take to the new talent (personally- except for WGN's Tom Skilling in Chicago- I don't watch any of them).

It will be interesting to see how many times the new guy pronounces 'Nevada' MO the same way as the Las Vegas state until he gets a clue.


What's REALLY going to be interesting to me- is how the fact Channel 41 and Channel 5 are sharing a news helicopter are going to plead "exclusive pictures" when the other station has access to the same shot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it's simple first to show the pictures gets the bragging rights.

The Observer said...

I like Lezak pretty well most of the time. I enjoy his weather blog too. I watch on line, so I may miss some of the irritating things..

Groucho K. Marx said...

You guys need to get into the Lezak drinking game I heard about...

Anytime he says "new data is in" or any part of that phrase- you take a drink.

I'm usually sloshed by the 7-day forecast....

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...