Search This Blog

Friday, November 04, 2011

KCTV-5's New Chief Meteorologist: Chris Suchan

Well- Channel 5's Katie Horner is out as chief meteorologist and a guy from Tampa FL- Chris Suchan- takes her place.


Once again- KCTV's Gary Amble is passed over for the chief spot.


It will be interesting to see how KC-area weather wonks take to the new talent (personally- except for WGN's Tom Skilling in Chicago- I don't watch any of them).

It will be interesting to see how many times the new guy pronounces 'Nevada' MO the same way as the Las Vegas state until he gets a clue.


What's REALLY going to be interesting to me- is how the fact Channel 41 and Channel 5 are sharing a news helicopter are going to plead "exclusive pictures" when the other station has access to the same shot.

3 comments:

Superdave said...

Well it's simple first to show the pictures gets the bragging rights.

The Observer said...

I like Lezak pretty well most of the time. I enjoy his weather blog too. I watch on line, so I may miss some of the irritating things..

Groucho K. Marx said...

You guys need to get into the Lezak drinking game I heard about...

Anytime he says "new data is in" or any part of that phrase- you take a drink.

I'm usually sloshed by the 7-day forecast....