Friday, June 25, 2010

CSW BREAKING: "Possible Drowning" at KC-MO's Oceans of Fun


A
t 3:27 p.m.- Kansas City MO emergency service received information about a "possible drowning" at Oceans of Fun- located in the Northland at I-435 and Northeast Parvin Road.


Emergency responders were advised to meet Oceans of Fun security at the main gate and they were to be "led" to the victim.


However at 3:32 p.m.- the dispatched fire department pumper- 34's- had arrived at Oceans of Fun and were told- apparently by OOF security- that "their (the fire department's) services were not needed."


KC-MO FD-EMS transported the "29-year-old female" patient who reportedly had "been caught between 2 tubes" at the water park and needed to be "pulled out" of the water "by lifeguards-" conscious and in good condition except for "chest pains" to a Northland medical trauma center...
___________

1 comment:

therese@everestkc.net said...

A similar thing happened to me in the wave pool last Friday, 7/1/11. I was overcome by the waves & kind of panicked, tried to get to the side...difficulty holding on to the bar! (about 12-15 inches long), still the waves kept pounding over the top of me. Finally, I reached the ladder, but felt very weak, chest hurt badly & went home. First aid station did do an EKG, blood pressure check & pulse, all ok.(hard to believe since my heart was pounding) Drove me to the front gate to meet my husband. Since then, others have related a similar story. I wonder how many of these cases are not being reported?
Hand rails are ineffective & safety needs to be restored!

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...