Saturday, July 21, 2007

Is It News If It Happens On The Weekend

The local news media's coverage of news that happens on weekends has always amazed me.

As with everything America- it's all about money. I understand that.

What I also understand is basic principles I was brought up on: Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

I'm watching one station's hour-long weekend newscast.
According to their news - there was only ONE shooting today- the one I broke here (while their morning newscast was on I may add- no mention till tonight) about the 13-year-old girl shot while camping in her backyard on East 96th Street.

No mention at all of the other 4 shootings early today that are dutifully reported here.

I guess it's not news unless you have weekday-staffing in your newsroom.
__________________________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...