Friday, June 07, 2013

Interstate 70 Still Closed East and Westbound West of I-435 in Kansas City MO


Workers are still cleaning up the mess left behind when a tanker truck crashed and caught fire before dawn Friday morning.


The incident happened on westbound I-70 just west of I-435.



Nobody was hurt.


I-70 remains closed Friday afternoon- and from these KC Scout traffic cam images- looks like the freeway will remain closed through at least Friday night.  



Westbound I-70 is being diverted north on northbound I-435 and eastbound I-70- a parking lot- is closed at Van Brunt.


I-435 is open except the westbound I-70 on-ramps.


Alternate routes are U.S. 40- 23rd Street- Truman Road and Winner Road/Independence Avenue.

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...