Monday, April 05, 2010

In KC-MO- I-435 Ramps To-From 87th Street To Close April 12



T
hat's the word from MoDOT:


Roundabout Construction to Close Ramps at I-435 and 87th Street

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Ramps at I-435 and 87th Street will be closed several months to accommodate a Kansas City Public Works project to add roundabouts at each side of the interstate on 87th Street.

The ramp from 87th to northbound I-435 and the ramp from southbound I-435 to 87th Street will close beginning 9 a.m. Monday, April 12 and re-open July 31, or as soon as work on the north side of 87th is completed.

As soon as those ramps re-open, the ramp from 87th to southbound I-435 and the ramp from northbound I-435 to 87th will close for several months to complete the project in November.

Kansas City's roundabout project will keep open 87th Street beneath I-435 during construction, but motorists seeking to access 87th from I-435 during ramp closures must detour to Hillcrest and Bannister roads.

For more information about the 87th Street project, contact Sean Demory, Kansas City Capital Projects Office, at 816-513-0059.

For more information about other MoDOT projects, please visit MoDOT's Website at www.modot.mo.gov/kansascity.kccommunityrelations@modot.mo.gov.

_________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...