Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Fools Rush By



I've been driving 60 m.p.h. lately on the Interstates.


Why? It's supposively the speed at which your vehicle has the best highway fuel mileage.

I shouldn't have to tell anyone these days what THAT means.

As I drive 60 (in the far right lane of the roadway)- I see nothing but gas-guzzling pickup trucks- SUVs and 18-wheelers roaring by me- with the occasional sports-type car.

Yes- time is money- but now speed is money too. Lots of it as gasoline gets ready to vault the $4 per-gallon mark with relief (Bush) nowhere in sight.

I invite my readers to try driving 60 on the highways for the gas economy. If- like me you do most of your driving on freeways- you WILL find a savings with just one tank of (gold) gas.

Folks- if you wait for help on gas prices from Washington D.C.- you'll go very broke....
____________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...