Saturday, November 24, 2007

KANSAS CITY'S BREAKING NEWS/WEATHER: SNOW CAUSING NUMEROUS ACCIDENTS IN THE KANSAS CITY METRO

A light to moderate snow is causing bridges and roadways to become slick and hazardous from the K.C.I. and Liberty areas southward through KC-KS- KC-MO into Johnson County- westward and southwestward into Lawrence and Ottawa Kansas.

Temperatures are hovering around the freezing mark- and dozens of accidents with several involving serious injuries have been reported in KC-MO Northland and in JoCo-KS.
A KC-MO fire chief reports "possibly closing I-435" near K.C.I. Airport because of wrecks. Cars are reported to have gone of the road in numerous locations along the I-435 corridor from KCI- KC-KS into JoCo. I-35 is affected from near I-635 south past I-435 near Olathe.

Radar trends indicate the snow bands will slack off by noon- with temperatures rising above freezing most areas by mid-afternoon. Maximum snowfalls of 3/4-inch or less expected.

_____________






_________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...