Friday, March 13, 2009

Pray For KC-MO Pumper 10's Driver Too



Revisiting the story of the 7-year-old boy who was killed after being struck by KC-MO Fire department's Pumper 10 enroute to another emergency call.


Yours truly and thousands of others I'm sure have said prayers for the victim's family and friends- but how many (beside moi) have said a prayer for the firefighter driving Pumper 10 that day?

The LAST thing any firefighter worth their salt wants on their head is to have contributed to the demise of a fellow Human Being.

This I know without a doubt: I once proudly wore the coat & helmet and drove the trucks too.

A longtime friend and former Fire department employee visited Station 10 the other day. He told me the driver of Pumper 10 on that fateful day hasn't been back on the job since the accident.

I have only a well-educated clue what that driver is going through.

Please- when saying a prayer for the 7-year-old victim Obarimomoya Nkani please include that driver of Pumper 10- knowing that person would have traded their life for Nkani.

_________

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about that too when I drove by the station. I noticed a reserve pumper in its place.

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...