Wednesday, January 28, 2009

That Wuz The Past Two Weeks That Wuz



Talk about crappy...


Friday- January 16 an Independence woman aiming her ghetto-cruising SUV aimlessly smashes into the side of my van just 2 days out of the shop with almost $500 of work done- rendering Harry (my van) undrivable.
Going on the 2nd week now without ANY transportation and the Independence woman's insurance company- American Family- can even tell me or my insurance company- Allstate- whether their no-driver is insured or not.

IF that other driver is NOT insured- I have to play cop and fill out the Missouri uninsured motorist form on the OTHER driver and send it in myself.

As far as Allstates' reaction to all this? Slow- even though we have full coverage.

The insurance companies sure as HELL are fast to take YOUR money- but damn slow to pay out or expediate your claim when the time comes and the customer's in need.

We're all in shaky hands there.

Item No. 2 is my paycheck. I'm on automatic pay. It's been that way with every employer I've had since 1991 and it's been this way with my current employer since 2004.

The check was a week late in arriving- so I contact my employer- only to find out THEY changed the game to requiring "an invoice" and didn't even bother to show me the respect and/or common decency to TELL ME IN ADVANCE.


Don't call me anytime soon to go out- 'cause my dance card is full for awhile.

Wish I'd taken that law school scholarship now....

________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...