Saturday, October 04, 2008

The Truth Is: Whatever You Say It Is



ITEM:
Wall Street needs and gets a taxpayer bailout ... er ... "rescue" or the American economy will go to Hell.

The truth is there are/were "no guarantees.

The American economy is going there WITH that $800-something-billion Washington D.C. pollys shoveled into it THIS week- also WITH that $600-something-billion package the pollys approved LAST weekend.

Truth: I'm wholly pissed off- and will vote in November STRICTLY for 3rd-party candidates. Then- as America votes in more business as usual Republicrats & Demoblicans- I quit voting altogether.

ITEM: Independence-MO police are involved in yet ANOTHER incident in KC-MO- this time it's a fatal shooting on the city's East Side AROUND 1:35am Saturday morning.

Truman Road & White are nearly 2 miles west of Independence's borders- yet KC-MO police finds IN-MO PD officers already there with Jackson County Sheriff and a shooting victim in the backseat of a car heading to a hospital with the victim.

The victim dies in that backseat but IN-MO PD through 6am won't say how THEY were involved.

Truth is- I guess we- the news media & the public- don't need to know what the truth is.

ITEM: CSW runs with what I thought is a human interest story a couple of weeks ago- about a 3-year-old boy mangled in a mower accident.

I had stumbled upon the child's accident listening to a medical helicopter dispatch- then was emailed additional details on the accident about a week later- plus notification of a help fund set up for the child.

The assistance fund checked out with the local bank number provided. So I run with the human interest side- even sending a few dollars (even though Ms. Rittenhouse needs a medical condition checked out and SHE has no health insurance- thank you Federal government) of our own.

So a few days ago I get an email from a woman who claims to be the child's mother (Michelle?)- telling me that the do-gooder's email had stuff wrong and that Colten Newman was doing just fine thank you and the family DOES have medical insurance.

Now I used a question mark above because there's no way- other than email- to verify that this IS the child's mother who was correcting the information.

Truth is (I guess) is that the child's still in the hospital and there IS/was a help fund for the child.


I'm just a lone wolf in this wilderness- trying to shed a little light and- I hope- a little truth. I only know what I hear and can check out and most of the time it's amazingly dead-on.

Sometimes I don't get it just right. Things sometimes aren't what they appear to be- as a story twists & turns in the light of revelation and investigation.

There's a point here- and if I wear a wool stocking cap it won't show....

________

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell that you either have no children or do not have the desire to protect their privacy and well being. I cannot believe that you would believe a random email you get about a child who is a minor and then question the validity of the mother when she responds to the inaccuracy of your posting in an attempt to protect her young child. THere are a lot of good people out there, all over the world, but I am not sure that you, "Dr. Spalding," are one of them. Colton's mother

Anonymous said...

Yeah Spaulding you're an asshole trying to help people.

Mind your own business!

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...