Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Missouruh - Missouree and Harry Truman



These tedious political ads are hard to avoid when you're away from home and the security of your remotes' off button.

One thing I have noticed though- is how the various "Show Me" pollys and/or wannabes pronounce the state's name.

I pronounce Missouri like one would pronounce the Mississippi river: with Es.

It's NOT the Mississippuh river.

Also- just yesterday I found out a family link on my Mom's side to Harry Truman. Some in Mom's bloodline were married to Shipps- which was the maiden name of Harry Truman's paternal grandmother.

I've long been an admirer of the late President since meeting him on a school trip to Truman Library in the early 1960's.

Now I can say with this revelation of a distant string that Harry Truman was family.

We sure could use Harry now.

__________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...