Friday, September 19, 2008

COMMENTARY: Honesty - Hard Work No Longer Attains The "American Dream"



That bogus piece of crap was fed to most of us as children.


Then we saw members of our "honest- hard-working" families get laid-off as American jobs fled overseas.

Those who still had jobs have had their hard work and honesty rewarded with pittance pay and/or pay raises and loss of insurance and/or other benefits.

Only the dishonest and greedy are rewarded: we pay higher taxes and prices for nearly everything we have to have to survive.

I'm glad I don't have children today.

I could not- with a straight face- explain to them why the American government is bailing-out greedy corporate interests while we don't have any health insurance to have Mommy's tumor treated.

I could not tell them- and beleive it myself- that honesty and hard work will get you ahead in life- while the retired lady across the street is forced out of her home by high taxes and costs of upkeep (insurance- utilities- etc.) and surviving.

I COULD tell them these things- but in reality that sort of stuff is fool's advice these days.

I always wondered why older folks always spoke fondly of "the good old days" and now I know.

America's "good old days" are numbered- if not already gone.

___________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...