Saturday, January 26, 2008

No Significant News Overnight- But Some Roads Icy This Morning

))) There wasn't anything of major importance overnight in the Metro- two car wrecks in KC-MO- one north- the other south of the river and a house fire north of Smithville- MO.. )))


>>> In the north wreck in the 3200 block of North Cherry a female suffered serious leg and other injuries.

>>> The south wreck was at Linwood Boulevard and Montgall. Police ran down the fleeing driver of a car that struck several other parked cars. That driver then went unconscious- and was rated in critical condition by MAST paramedics enroute to a trauma center.


>>> The house fire broke out about 3am north of Smithville off Woodruff Drive and Northeast 188th Street. Heavy smoke was reported by the first arriving fire unit- but nothing else is known about this incident.


>>> Some roads- highways and freeways have icy spots on them this morning due to "sweat" freezing in temperatures in the upper 20's.

Wrecks have temporarily closed northbound I-35 near the I-29 split.

Other wrecks have been reported on I-435 north of I-35 and in Independence along I-470 & I-70 and KC-KS near I-70 & I-635.

This condition will prevail until the sun warms the pavements.

Use caution on any wet appearing pavement you encounter until after 9am.
___________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...