Thursday, July 05, 2007

Music Industry Won't Ever Stop Music Piracy

On one hand as a musician of sorts- I see the Recording Industry Association of America's (RIAA) point.

But then I want my music to be freely shared- The Great Spirit intended me to be poor but to share whatever talents I had.

And- by God- I OWN MY STUFF- not the RIAA.

I was and continue to be VERY down on the RIAA suing American citizens for sharing other people's music. Most of the artists behind RIAA's heavy hand already HAVE enough money to buy and sell a small nation.

The latest beef is with a Russian outfit- allofmp3.com.

Apparently- they SELL the music to people who log-in- but apparently give "little or no royalties" to the artists.

If Russia won't stop this the article says- Russia's entry into 'The World Trade Organization' could be in jeopardy.
__________________________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...