Thursday, July 05, 2007

Fireworks Kills A Man In Miami County-KS.

The KANSAS CITY STAR is reporting a 25-year-old Mission-KS man- Brock Barrett- was killed while lighting a "4-inch mortar" that exploded in his face.

It happened about 9 pm in the 35100 block of Indianapolis Road.

A medical helicopter flew Barrett to a K.C. trauma center where he died of his injuries.

I heard another call for "burns caused by fireworks" in south-Midtown yesterday afternoon- but those injuries were minor.
____________________

2 comments:

Dark Swan said...

Brock was a good guy, and I will miss seeing him at Rosie..

Groucho K. Marx said...

My sincerest condolences to you dark- and all Brock's family & friends.

A part of my family deals with fireworks (professionally)- but you never know.

If you would like to send me a writing about Brock and the kind of person he was- I'll be happy to post it here for all to see.

-Groucho

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...