Monday, April 30, 2007

Note To Self: Delete Certain Blog URL

I sure most of you locals know- but you out-of-towners who read this blog are not aware.

There is a blogger here in KC - and for what reason he seems to be such a 'media darling' I dunno - has to put a racial slant on virtually EVERY news story he reports.

The final straw for me today was reading his take on the Ward Parkway Mall shootings yesterday.

Evidentally he didn't SEE the numerous folks of VARIOUS colors there. I sure as hell did.

I cover the weekend overnight desk for one of the TV stations here. Been doing it for 17 years now.

I CAN ASSURE YOU that speaking for myself and all the folks I work with - we don't 'blow-off' ANY Human Being being murdered.

Yes Mr. Racist Blogger - I grieve for senselessly murdered PEOPLE - regardless of color, race or creed.

Yes, I'm a white man.

The ancestors of our family moved to the USA in the 1880's - AFTER The Civil War. My grandfather - of German stock - ALWAYS told us that all people are the same under the skin. The dear man lived in the 4100 block of Flora until he died in 1980. He'd fix kid's bikes - black kids - they'd call him Grandpa too.

My first best friend was a black kid.

My first crush was on a Hispanic girl (I was buds with her brother - even taught me some Spanish).

I became friends with a fellow from Honduras at a temp job in the 80's. He told me the economic conditions in his country were desperate - he had come to America - like so many others in the past 200 years or so - to try to make a better life for his family back home. I'd buy him lunch from time to time so he'd have more money to send back home.

Am I a bleeding heart liberal? Hell no- I'm a g-damn feeling & compassionate Human Being. Sue me!

Mr. Racist Blogger may one day come to the realization that many of us are in the very same rowboat (economics). We can join up & fight back against the injustices - or just flip the ole race/color card out of the deck and stay divided.


One great American said it best in D.C. in 1963 - and I too look forward to the day when ALL people are not judged by the color of their skin - but of the content of their character.


No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...