Search This Blog

Saturday, February 01, 2014

Metro KC Overnight News for Friday-Saturday- Jan. 31-Feb. 01, 2014

Surprisingly few vehicle crashes considering the sleet-storm overnight- but there were some incidents- chiefly a shooting homicide in central Lee's Summit MO...

The shooting was dispatched to LSPD and LSFD employees at 2:02 am Saturday morning for the 600 block of Northeast Meadow Lane.

A female across-the-street neighbor is said to have called the police screaming and saying a man was shot at the incident address.

Police arrived by 2:08 am- a man surrenders to officers and find the victim- a male in his 30's.

EMS is sent in- the paramedic announces the victim is "Code Blue" or not breathing at 2:12 am- but not until around 2:25 am was the victim transported to a nearby hospital.

That hospital- not recognized as a medical trauma center- is where the victim died.

The surrendering man is in custody and charges await him.

Independence MO police are investigating an incident of unknown nature that caused serious to critical injuries to a male in the area of 40th Street and Milton.

The injured man reportedly "covered in blood" was reported in the 16300 block of East 40th Street South at 3:25 am. and he ended up at an eastern Metro KC medical trauma center.

A number of fires overnight...

Minor damage and no injuries were reported in a Shawnee KS house fire in the 5500 block of Barton Lane at 1:28 am Saturday morning.

KC-MO crews had a "worker" in the 3200 block of College at 3:16 am..

No one was home- but the lived-in 2-story house had considerable damage when the fire was reported under control at 3:28 am..

Northland KC-MO fire companies were bunked-out at 5:58 am to respond to a house fire in the 7100 block of North Winchester.

It was reported an "off-duty EMS" person called in the fire- and a 2nd "off-duty firefighter" had also arrived there before the first unit arrived.

The two tended to a 53-year-old male resident who suffered what paramedics would describe as "considerable smoke inhalation."

He would later be taken to a Northland medical trauma center in fair condition.

The fire was under control exactly 20 minutes after the alarm was dispatched- but the house was rendered at least temporarily unlivable for the other of the two adult occupants.

Eastside KC-MO companies rolled at 6:27 am to a house fire in the 1800 block of Hardesty.

Smoke was showing from that 2-story house- and that fire was knocked out by 6:33 am..

No one hurt- the suspicious cause being investigated.

No comments: