Tuesday, June 30, 2009

July 4th KC-MO "Sobriety" Checkpoint



B
esides New Years Eve- July 4th is the busiest holiday for police- fire and EMS services.


I know- I've worked news-gathering (men are hunter-gatherers you know) almost 20 4th of Julys now and EVERY July 4th has resulted in a shortage of available police- fire & EMS units because of the sheer volume of service calls.

So while tens of thousands of people thumb their noses at fireworks laws- the KC-MO police will again waste the taxpayers money (I know-who cares?) and set up a grossly-inefficient "sobriety" checkpoint.

The last such checkpoint the local news media bothered to report on nabbed just ONE PERCENT of the total drivers stopped on possible DUI charges.

I guess there isn't as much money to be made on those who use fireworks illegally- so don't bother calling the police this weekend.
__________

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to disagree with you on July 4th. It's St. Patrick's day as busiest.

Groucho K. Marx said...

WHAT????????

How long have YOU been in the new biz?????

Groucho K. Marx said...

Sorry- NEWS biz.

I lost my S.

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...