Thursday, February 12, 2009

Neighborhood Eyesore Removed



No- I still live here- I was talking about the trash pile.


On our last episode- I posted pictures of piles of trash bags apparently left by evicted tenants of a foreclosed house on the southeast corner of East 86th Street and Winchester here in the Loma Vista West subdivision.

The trash was still there a week after I called the KC-MO "Action Center" on Thursday- Feb. 5 but lo and behold- the trash was gone yesterday morning when I checked.

We want to thank whoever was responsible- the Action Center- Public Works and/or Councilman Terry Riley.

If I were councilman- I'd get out a map of my district- and make regular tours through the neighborhoods in my district- taking videos- photos and LOTS of notes on the discrepancies I located.

I'd stop and talk to any residents I saw outside and hear their concerns and I would make access to myself and my office easy and forthright.

Then- like a local TV stations' motto-one would truly be "working for (us)."
__________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...