Friday, December 05, 2008

CSW POLL: KSHB-41 Weather People Hype Less



That's according to the CSW non-scientific poll- located down the right column of this blog.


A massive response of 106 people responded to the question about the 4 news/weather shops:
"In Your Opinion- Which Kansas City Television Station Most Overhypes Bad Weather Situations?"

A disclaimer:
I work for KSHB News but- except for Gary Lezak when he still worked at Channel 4- I've not met any of 41's weather people. I do not publicise my blog at the station either.
I mostly make my own weather predictions- being a weather dude since I was 4-1/2-years-old-relying on raw National Weather Service data.
About the ONLY time I'll really watch local TV weather is during severe weather events- and that's only if I'm not out spotting/chasing. I do NOT spot or chase for KSHB either.

According to the poll: 68 citizens or 64% say that KCTV Channel 5- the CBS affiliate- is the weather "hype-king" station in Kansas City.

There is a huge drop to the Number 2 weather-hypers in K.C.- which are tied with 18 votes or 16% of the vote each. They are WDAF-4 the FOX affiliate and KMBC-9 who carries ABC here.

At the bottom of the pack- and where one wants to be with this poll is KHSB NBC41.
Only 5 poll respondents- or 4% of the voters- thought that KSHB over hypes bad weather situations.

The poll will stay up indefinitely and we'll see if any of these possible winter-type storms next week change the vote.
___________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...