Monday, December 31, 2007

Ethanol Forced On Missouri Motorists



To my surprise- I find out via this Associated Press news article that begininng January 1- Missouri will require all gasoline sold be a blend of ethanol.

To my even further surprise- that corn-based alcohol has been at Missouri's gas pumps for months now.

Hell- I'm in the news business and didn't even know this was going on. Is this going to- in any way- damage my vehicle that is not built to accomodate alternative fuels?

IMHO- ethanol is a false and wrong answer to getting off the teat of Middle Eastern oil. It takes FAR more energy- and precious ground/surface water- to produce corn to make fuel.

More importantly- it's taking one our most important FOOD crops to make ethanol- and the rise in food prices have already offset any savings at the fuel pump.

Who came up with this program? Morons???

America- the Land of Choice.. Others will make the choice FOR you....
_____________

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This really pisses me off. I didn't know it either. I fucking hate ethanol. When I was traveling through Iowa and Minnesota, I noticed that the 10% ethanol was about 13 cents per gallon cheaper than the pure 87 octane. But the thing is, I get about 12% WORSE mileage with the ethanol, but it's only 4-6% cheaper. Meaning, I'm paying MORE to use a crappy fuel that does very little for the environment.

What a crock of shit.

Oh well. I live close enough to Kansas that I can drive across State Line Road and get my fuel there. Fuck you Missouri. Kansas can get my fuel tax dollars.

Groucho K. Marx said...

if it's only hitting you a 12% reduction- that's considered pretty damn good- according to the ag industries own prose http://www.agriculture.com/ag/story.jhtml?storyid=/templatedata/ag/story/data/1147098565893.xml#continue

-Groucho

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...