Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Independence Shoplifting Incident Redux- Get Over It

Virtually all of us agree that the traffic stop Indy police made some time ago on the pregnant woman who was thought to be a shoplifting suspect was handled sort of poorly.

I just don't see what all the big deal is about- the officers DID apologise.

Then that pregnant school teacher wants to sue the IPD- J.C. Penney's and- it seems- everybody within a quarter-mile radius of the traffic stop.

Personally- I don't think she has much of a case and if her attorney isn't doing this pro-bono- I think she's in for another letdown- this time financial.

Shit happens lady- I too have been hassled by cops when I'd done nothing wrong (when I was actually HELPING the cops too). I could have escalated that incident and sued the Raytown PD- but I didn't (this incident will make a good future post- keep watching! g).

Like anything unpleasant that happens- you move on with life and file that away in things you'll deal with differently next time.

In other words- get over it. Save your attorney for a case you might win....

For what it's worth too- I'm sorry I was in the same region as your unpleasant traffic stop in the People's Republic of Independence.
_____________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...