Friday, February 16, 2007

Scattered Cumulus II

My take on:

*MORNING LOCAL TV "NEWS" SHOWS- I'm watching one now. Again, it started off with a bunch of giggling. Is this irritating or am I just a bear before my first gallon of columbian brew?
They showed the 5th live shot over nearly 2 hours of a 18-hour-long water main break downtown - in NONE of those live shots was a Water Dept. man seen.
Sorry- I heard the 3-dreaded words mentioned again (anna & nicole & smith).
Had to ix-nay the TV.


*BAD PEANUT BUTTER- So they say the Peter Pan brand with lid codes "2111" "might" contain salmonella. After eating a quarter jar of it with saltines at work last weekend and the joy I've had since, I'm removing the "might" in any news stories I write about this.

Also ConAgra: Do we, the consumers who bought your products in good faith, also get our POSTAGE back on the 4 lids I'm sending you????


*NON-BINDING RESOLUTIONS- I'm not making any because if no one is bound to anything, why the F waste the time? (sly cigar-chomping, eyebrow-raising smirk).
To paraphrase the late John Denver- "Thank God I'm a Libertarian!"


*KC MAYORIAL PRIMARY UPDATE- Well geez, here come da sleeze. Broken among others as Mr. Civic fellow blogger Dan of 'Gone Mild,' news has it that someone mailed citizens a postcard with a less-than-favorable message about Dan & my candidate for mayor, Mark Funkhouser.
I'm not going to join the local blog community's finger-pointing, instead shaking my head & chuckling how worried these career-polly candidates are now. Most of us I'm sure realize this is the product of one of their camps.

The Funk is starting to push the City Council and it's 4 mayorial candidates hard to release information on the new city budget and the T.I.F. performance audit.
More info on the latter in my links on the lower right 'KCTIFed.'


*WINTER 2006-07- Hey folks, it's only a little over a month away for spring. We'll see some 50's next week. I also see on the long-range models (Christy Brinkley in her little red car in 'NL- Vacation.') a very wet storm around here to introduce the Ides of March.

It is also time to start thinking severe weather & tornado preparedness.

This year marks the 30th anniversary of the 2-fatality Pleasant Hill tornado of May 4, 1977 and the 50th anniversary of the F-5, multiple-fatality monster that started it all for me - the "Ruskin Heights" tornado of May 20, 1957.


*THE AIRLINES- Read about those poor suckers stranded in a JetBlue passenger jet for 10-hours and shook my head. Something has to be done about this issue!

Made me realize that even tho I only fly about once a year because of the strain on my arms, all of the flights have been pleasant and what few times connections were screwed up - the airline made sure I was taken care of. My fave is American, but Southwest, United, Delta, Midwest (defuncts TWA & Eastern) are/were right up there in satisfaction.
Nothing will compare to utter relaxation of the Amtrak trip I took with a friend in 1996 tho...


*"EVERYBODY'S GOING TO BE FAMOUS"- Heard Jim Carrey say this on Leno last night. Everybody's going to be DEAD one day too Jim.



Like Forrest said- "That's all I have to say about THAT."

Peace.

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...