Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Even Cops Aren't Safe Around Today's Criminal

I was taking care of my weekly tithing yesterday and as usual had a scanner going.

Apparently- I had just missed the KC-MO cop getting shot on Gregory Boulevard after a drug bust gone violent and the wild car chase afterwards- but not the congregation of police that had either gone to the hospital where the officer was taken or to the other hospital where the suspect was taken.

The thugs are getting brazen- or desperate. When they start firing away at the police- you HAVE to know the ordinary citizen doesn't have a prayer (unless you're permitted concealed carry).

The Captain's wishes for the critically-injured policeman a fast and total recovery- and God save us all from criminal gunfire.
__________________

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Concealed carry isn't the answer. More guns aren't the answer. Less guns are. When more and more people are carrying guns, more and more criminals will be carrying guns as well. It's a never ending arms race.

Ask yourself this: would I feel more safe or less safe if every single person I met on the street was carrying a gun?

I'm not anti gun, either. It's silly and foolish to paint the world as either pro gun or anti gun. I have two shotguns in my house. I hunt. I like guns. But it's just not proper to have the world more and more armed.

Groucho K. Marx said...

Yeah but it's the old adage- the day it's criminal to have a gun- only the criminals will have them.

Society isn't evolving at all- our politicos are just as inept today as yesterday and there are MORE not less weapons on the streets.

I'll take my chances having everybody armed- I'm a pretty good shot....

-Groucho

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...